Setting Up a Gmail POP Account in Entourage
Setting up your gmail account in Entourage is a two stage process.
- Enable POP on your Gmail account
- Set up the account in Entourage
How do I enable POP?
You can retrieve your Gmail messages with a client or device that supports POP, like Microsoft Outlook or Netscape Mail.
To enable POP in your Gmail account:
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Click Settings at the top of any Gmail page.
- Click Forwarding and POP in the orange Mail Settings box.
- Select Enable POP for all mail or Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on.
- Choose the action you'd like your Gmail messages to take after they are accessed with POP.
- Configure your POP client* and click Save Changes.
Setting Up Entourage
To set up the Exchange account in Entourage go to Entourage on the bar and select Account Preferences.
On the first window that appears (above) select Mail then click on New. Select Account Type: POP and click on OK.
- Enter a name for your new account in the 'Account Name:' field.
- Enter your full name in the 'Your Name:' field.
- Enter your full Gmail email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the 'Email Address:' field.
- Enter your Gmail username (including '@gmail.com) in the 'Account ID' field.
- Enter 'pop.gmail.com' in the 'Incoming Mail Server:' field.
- Click 'Click here for advanced receiving options' in the 'Receiving mail' section.
- Check the box next to 'This POP service requires a secure connection (SSL).'
- Enter your Gmail password in the 'Your Password:' field.
- Enter 'smtp.gmail.com' in the 'Outgoing Mail Server:' field.
- Click 'Click here for advanced sending options' in the 'Sending mail' section.
- Check the box next to 'SMTP service requires secure connection (SSL), ' and click 'OK.'
- Check the box next to 'Override default SMTP port:,' and enter '465' in the box.
- Check the box next to 'SMTP server requires authentication,' and click 'OK.'